Re: lyp

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: lyp
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 23:05:26 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 17.03.2020, 15:01 -0700 schrieb Sami Amiris:
> > Apart from reporting, it might be worth trying to use exterior
> > tools
> > to convert the PS to PDF. The system versions might use a
> > self-consistent set of binaries and support files, even if all
> > they're
> > doing is using ghostscript at some level. You even have a choice of
> > linux and windows platforms to try on. Tedious, but it might get
> > you
> > up and running.
>
> I have. I used gsview and it worked, complaining, but it did work. So
> there
> is a workaround.
>
> > But better would be to get the LilyPond invocation right.
> > The wrapper script created by the LilyPond installer (download
> > version)
> i>ncludes (depending on the install location)
> >  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/<user>/lilypond/usr/lib"
> >
> > And it should be possible to get lyp to use something in the
> > LilyPond
> i>nvocation too.
>
> Naive question, but just asking anyway: Is this something that I can
> do, or
> is it the developer's job to make it happen?

I'm not sure how lyp invokes LilyPond. But probably this is something
that lyp should do right. So if you can fix the (Perl?) code you would
be able to do that (and file a Pull Request). If you don't it's the
developer's job, but you can help him by determining to the best of
your possibilities, what exactly the script should be doing.

Urs