Re: Peculiar behavior of barlines

From: Sami Amiris
Subject: Re: Peculiar behavior of barlines
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 06:26:13 -0700 (MST)

Thank you for the suggestion once again.

I thank you for having spent some time on it. The whole idea is to create a
mirror image of the compound barline on the beginning of the example, which
means that they must align to the right, not to the left. Now it is a copy
of the system at the beginning, and you can also get there  inserting a
space in the barline definition of the \bar"||-!", without needing the
actual movement.

I have tried moving the lower and middle portion of the barline so as to
force the program to build the compound barline correctly, but so far it
simply makes the dotted portion disappear. I believe the problem is that
with the solid barline, the program seems to count distances from the left
side of the construct rather than the right when alligning it with other
barlines in the same part of the system. I am not sure as I haven't seen the
source code (and most probably wouldn't see it if it hit me in the face with
a 10-foot pole tbh, I need to brush up my programming skills a few thousand
parsecs to match), but this is a "phenomenological" interpretation of the
facts, if you like. It "seems" to count distances from the left. However, I
could VERY EASILY be wrong, and by all means I hope I am.

Thanks again!

S.A.