Re: Remote Ensemble Playing

From: antlists
Subject: Re: Remote Ensemble Playing
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 19:02:19 +0000

On 28/03/2020 18:55, Ralf Mattes wrote:
To the OP: there is an immanent latency in all network connections - packets
need to
pass through switches and routers, and let's not forget the speed of electrical
signals.
While one can get pretty low latency on local networks (Dante et al.) trying
live jamming
over the internet is pretty much impossible.

Well, I shall soon find out ... a band I play for has scheduled a practice for Easter Saturday ...

Cheers,
Wol