Re: Lilypond 64-bit binaries

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond 64-bit binaries
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 17:02:44 +0000

I note that Moritz mentions he gets the same results from the MacPorts build.  Perhaps the MacPorts people could provide some insight.

Carl

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden>
Date: Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 8:48 AM
To: LilyPond Users <address@hidden>, Moritz Heffter <address@hidden>

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 10:38 AM Moritz Heffter <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Marnen,

Thanks for providing 64-bit versions of lilypond. I recently updated to macOS Catalina and was looking for exactly that.

You’re welcome!

Unfortunatly, each time I try to use the LilyPond.app I’ve been running into segmentation faults. I’ve discussed this with Hans Åberg on the lilypond user mailing list:

First of all, please keep discussion on the lists or other forums rather than private e-mail.  That way we all can benefit and contribute.

Is this a known issue or do you know anything I could try? My Machine is a new 2019 MacBook Pro 13’’ 16/512 i5 1,4 with Catalina 10.15.4. I’ve also brew and MacPorts installed.

You’re only the second user to report something like this, and we don’t know what causes it yet; see

https://gitlab.com/marnen/lilypond-mac-builder/-/issues/16 for more information (and run Lily verbose as described there so we can make sure it’s the same problem).  I’ve brought it up with the Guile list, but they’ve asked for further debugging information, which the other affected user has not yet been able to provide; see

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39863 .  Perhaps you can follow the instructions there and provide this debugging info to the Guile folks?

Best,

Moritz

Best,