Re: Analysis brackets

From: Michael Taylor
Subject: Re: Analysis brackets
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 11:27:03 -0400

Dear David,
Many thanks for this. I was curious about the curly analysis brackets when I saw this in Snippets http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=curly but couldn't figure out how (or if) these
shapes could be used for what I wanted. The only application I could find was to group an
ensemble within a larger instrumental contingent.
With best wishes
Michael

On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 at 23:00, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 11:07 AM Michael Taylor
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Would it be possible in a future version to have the option of placing text within analysis brackets as well as the default above? MT

HorizontalBracketText.direction with a little more tweaking than
should be necessary.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \consists "Horizontal_bracket_engraver"
    \override HorizontalBracket.direction = #UP

{
  \once\override HorizontalBracketText.direction = #DOWN
  \once\override HorizontalBracketText.text = "a"
  \once\override HorizontalBracketText.padding = #-0.5
  \once\override HorizontalBracket.padding = 1
  c''\startGroup d''\stopGroup