Re: edit to Lilypond wikipedia article

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: edit to Lilypond wikipedia article
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 15:43:13 +0000

On 4/17/20, David Olson <address@hidden> wrote:
> If some of you take a look and make changes
> (or instruct me to do so), it can be better.

How about mentioning lilypond-book first?

Perhaps the paragraph could open with:
"""
An integration with various document formats (not only [[TeX]]-based
systems such as [[LaTeX]] and [[Texinfo]], but also [[DocBook]] and
[[HTML]] pages) is natively supported through the companion program
<var>lilypond-book</var>, developed and maintained by the LilyPond
community.<ref>{{Cite web
| url = http://lilypond.org/doc/latest/Documentation/usage/lilypond_002dbook
| title = LilyPond Usage manual
| author = LilyPond community,
| year = 1996-2020.
}}</ref> This allows to embed musical elements within texts, such as
musicology, song booklets, work sheets for teaching, and school
examinations. Another solution to integrate various musical elements
(music symbols, song lyrics, guitar chords diagrams, lead sheets,
music excerpts, guitar tablatures, or multi-page scores) within
documents has appeared more recently in the form of lyLuaTeX, a LuaTeX
package that includes features for matching layout and appearance of
the musical elements with the surrounding text
document.<ref>etc.</ref>

By the way, since lilypond-book isn't geared only towards LaTeX, you
may want to make the subsubsection title a bit more general:
"Integration into text documents" or something like that.

Cheers,
V.