Re: resetting accidentals at word breaks

From: Fr. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: resetting accidentals at word breaks
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 11:59:00 -0400

> On 25 Apr, 2020, at 11:44 AM, Fr. Samuel Springuel <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 23 Apr, 2020, at 4:23 PM, Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Ooh, I didn't think of that.  Since \bar just sets the whichBar property, it
>> is a case of whichever \bar command is last that wins.  So the code just
>> needs to have a variation that checks whether whichBar is already set and
>> only change it if unset:
>
> This works nicely.  Thanks for making the change.

Whoops.  May have spoken too soon as I found another complication.  When there
are multiple verses (each of which has this engraver attached) then a word
boundary in any of the verses inserts the bar (and allows line breaking),
possibly splitting multi-syllable words in other verses.  I can live with it
(possibly by setting one lyrics as the “controlling” context and leaving the
engraver out of the others), but  is there a way to make things so that the
various Lyrics contexts talk to each other and only insert the bar if there’s a
word boundary in all contexts?

In the following example, the fourth, fifth, and sixth lines have the
multi-syllable word in the second lyrics split.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE