Re: 2.21.1 change of behavior of \compressMMRests?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: 2.21.1 change of behavior of \compressMMRests?
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 10:32:44 -0700

David,

Thank you for all that you do!!

On 5/3/20 5:40 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

I installed 2.19.84 and I believe I just answered the first question
below:  Apparently \compressFullBarRests has been deleted from Lily
and now we have \compressMMRests which has different functionality.

I guessing convert-ly won't handle this and that any time I want to
redo any of my hundreds of pieces (not original compositions) I will
have to edit them for the new functionality of \compressMMRests.
I have no idea why people "guess convert-ly won't handle this" and break
into a rant rather than actually trying.

I wasn't aware of the name change of \compressFullBarRests at that point.  I have no doubt about the ability of convert-ly to do a simple name change.  I was thinking convert-ly could do the structural change I erroneously thought was necessary to solve wha I thought was my problem.

I wouldn't consider what I said to be a rant and didn't intend to rant.

OTOH I may be able to get the old definition of \compressFullBarRests
and put in my several \include files.
Or you could let convert-ly replace it with \compressEmptyMeasures.

Which as you now know is what I did.  (The new name is misleading but I can live with that.)

Thank you,

Paul