Re: Current octave in relative mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Current octave in relative mode
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 01:04:25 +0200

antlists <address@hidden> writes:

> On 16/05/2020 23:19, David Kastrup wrote:
>>> As I say, I think this function or something similar has made its way
>>> into lilypond proper.
>
>> What advantage over the solution using make-relative that I posted do
>> you see here?
>
> Because if I understand the OP correctly, what he wants is
> \resetRelativeOctave, which is already a standard part of lilypond?

What he wants is music used twice within a function not to end up in
different octaves.

> I'm guessing Han Wen's resetOctave is its predecessor.
>
> So I guess - at the third attempt - my solution is the best because it
> doesn't need a custom function at all :-)

make-relative has been part of LilyPond in its current form since
2.18.0.  I am not sure what you call "custom function" in this context.
Particularly since your proposal contained a large amount of code.

--
David Kastrup