Re: Rests vertical position problem

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Rests vertical position problem
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 10:02:21 +0200

On 5/19/20, Jacques Menu <address@hidden> wrote:
> In the attached example, the \voiceOne and \voiceTwo commands used for the
> first score lead to the eigth rests in measure 2 to appear too high.

Well, it’s merely printed the way the source code’s requesting it.
\voiceOne rests are consistently placed at the top of the staff.

> Is there a way to use some equivalent of \voiceOne and \voiceTwo
> measure-wise in such a case, using it only in measures that have more than
> one voice playing?

I *think* your best bet would be to take a look at the
#Merge_rests_engravers (in scm/scheme-engravers.scm), which should be
able to handle that sort of case (I just checked; it currently
doesn’t). You could then \consist it into all your Staff contexts by
default.

By the way, why is xml2ly \tempo markup so convoluted when you could have simply

    \tempo "" 4 = 110

(plus, it would remove the need for \markup \note, whose syntax has
recently changed.)

Cheers,
V.