Re: registering a composition

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: registering a composition
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 07:41:36 +0200

Hi Francesco,
Not sure if this gives you any help but the first thing I'd do in your case is to secure the pdf with a password.
Cheers,
Pierre

Le jeu. 21 mai 2020 à 05:51, Francesco Petrogalli <address@hidden> a écrit :
Hi all,

apologies in advance for the slightly off topic question, but after
doing my own research I am still unable to sort out how to publish a
composition.

I have written it with lilypond, but it hasn't been performed yet. I
wanted to secure the copyright before performing it. Given that there
is no performing artist yet, there is no recording, so I cannot
register it with ASCAP. Have I got this right?

What would be the standard way to "secure" the PDF when it is ready?

Thank you,

Francesco