Re: Position of accidentals in chords

From: Caio Barros
Subject: Re: Position of accidentals in chords
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 08:24:36 -0300

Em qui., 21 de mai. de 2020 às 15:34, Owen Lamb <address@hidden> escreveu:
Hi Caio,

I'm not sure if there's a way to customize the coded order of accidentals, and for some reason tweaking the X-offset property doesn't seem to work either. In your case, making a couple of manual tweaks to the flat's and double-flat's extra-offset properties (which are added after all the positioning calculation is done) will at least get them in order. The only downside is that there's extra space between the accidentals and the barline, left over from calculating the accidentals' original positions. I'm not sure how to get rid of that...

\relative c' {
  <c ges' beses d!>1
  <c! \tweak Accidental.extra-offset #'(2.2 . 0) ges' \tweak Accidental.extra-offset #'(-0.6 . 0) beses d!>1
}

Hope this helps,

Thanks, man.

yeah, I was hoping there is some option to change the order of accidentals. The tweak is ok, but maybe not very practical in a very large piece. This exact chord did show up in a piece I'm transposing for a singer and in the end I chose to remove the natural sign from the low c, since it was actually just a cautionary accidental with not much probability of error by the pianist. This was most a theoretical question in case I need to do this in the future.

Caio