Re: Orchestral strings, how to organise score and parts for divisi, solo

From: Lib Lists
Subject: Re: Orchestral strings, how to organise score and parts for divisi, solos, desks etc.
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 20:40:34 +0300

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
During the past days I've been looking at this same technique, the
only problem is that I cannot find a way to merge the different voices
into one, for example in the first system. In an ideal world, I'd like
to have the ability to tell Lilypond that a certain passage should be
merged into one voice, another passage should be kept with the voices
separated but in the same staff, and in other cases there would be the
need of extra staves (the last two achievable using the technique you
mentioned).

Thanks for the tips on organising the various files!