Making Lilypond faster

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Making Lilypond faster
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 12:32:36 +0200

Hello,

after using 2.19.84 for a while, it seems to me that it is quite faster than the previous one (2.19.83).

1) Now I wonder if there are some later versions (or git snapshots) even faster: do you have any feedback about this?

2) Also: is there a way to optimize (when compiling a snapshot) the speed of a release for linux (for example: by choosing a specific version of a dependent library)?

3) What is the status of Guile 3 support? AFAIK, much of the discussed speed depends on it

thanks!