[OT] modify midi

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: [OT] modify midi
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 12:09:47 +0200

Sometimes I would like to modify a bit the midi file generated by Lilypond.
What stops me from doing that is that in case I modify the lilypond source I lose all the work done on the midi and I have to do it again from scratch.

So I was wondering if anyone knows a software that gives you the possibility to record the list of operations I do on a midi file so that I can reapply them "automatically".  Of course I understand the limitation that a software like this will have: the midi file you want to apply the change has to be "very similar" to the original one (for example changing only the note pitch etc. etc.).

Not sure I have been clear enough ..... let me know if I have to explain myself better.
Thanks, g.