Re: PDF not shown in Frescobaldi

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: PDF not shown in Frescobaldi
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 10:33:46 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 16.06.2020, 10:31 +0200 schrieb Noeck:
> > Well, the *package* is not by Wilbert, which may be the problem.
> > The
> > issue is that the package has to be built against exactly the
> > correct
> > Qt/SIP version used in the OS and Frescobaldi. It seems that this
> > is an
> > issue that occasionally pops up in distributions.
>
> Well not the package, but the code. I looked at the github page¹ and
> it
> seems that the Ubuntu package (0.24.2 from 2015) is very old compared
> recent releases on github (0.75.0 from 2019). Should I use 0.75.0
> instead?

That sounds very reasonable, given the massive Qt changes we had since
2015. As a service to everyone you might get in touch with the Ubuntu
package maintainers (both python3-poppler-qt and frescobaldi, if
they're different), file a bug and tell them that the packages must be
kept in sync.

Thanks
Urs