Re: convert-ly is adding newlines

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: convert-ly is adding newlines
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 11:45:21 +0100

Xavier,

Via Frescobaldi version 3.1.2. Thanks for the links. It seems to be a Frescobaldi issue. What a pain.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com

-------------------------
Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:20:42 AM, Xavier Scheuer wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 at 11:19, Peter Toye <lilypond@ptoye.com> wrote:

> I've just used convert-ly to convert 2.19.2 to 2.21.0. And an extra newline (x0D0A) has been added to every line. Odd, though, two consecutive newlines are replaced by three. This is obviously a bit of a pain - any way of stopping it?
>
> I'm on Windows 10, which may well be significant.

Hi Peter,

Are you running convert-ly directly via the command line or in Frescobaldi?
Several reports on lilypond-user and lilypond-user-fr mention this issue on Windows, but only when running in Frescobaldi.

https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/issues/880#issuecomment-599236580
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-03/msg00115.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user-fr/2020-05/msg00214.html

Cheers,