Place events based on time rather than music durations

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Place events based on time rather than music durations
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 21:05:42 +0300

Can we somehow place dots or grid lines based on divisions of seconds?
Or lines with length in seconds?

I want to make a sketching paper that allows me to place sync points based on bpm clicks.

Is there some way to freely place dots above a staff so that they don't obscure music spacing or breaks?

e.g. place a dot every 0.46 seconds

Ideally it should be able to change on demand for each tempo change in the score.

There is a bit of math to do this but it shouldn't be impossible I think.