Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 00:58:32 +0200

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:53 PM Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> wrote:
Am Di., 23. Juni 2020 um 20:33 Uhr schrieb Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 6:36 PM Pierre Perol-Schneider
> A this point:
>
> 1) I gently ask Harm (is Harm the snippet's maintainer ? ) to update the
> snippet at least by adding a warning (--> something like "no midi is
> produced")

Hi Paolo,

I'm not the admin of the LSR, though, among others I've the
privilegies to (un)approve, change, delete snippets.
That said, you may ask the snippet-author to add such a warning.
The LSR is a user-driven possibility to extend LilyPond by
custom-code. This also means the author of a snippet is responsible
for his code.
If not available _then_ people like me will step in.

At any rate, the snippets clearly states "This workaround uses
TextSpanner instead of SustainPedal/PianoPedalBracket."
A TextSpanner never creates midi-output, thus the warning is not needed, imho.

Hi Harm,

Then Pierre, who is the creator of the snippet and joined this thread, will decide what to do.

Best,