Fonts for TextScripts

From: Aberforth D - Instrumentals
Subject: Fonts for TextScripts
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:05:40 +0200

Hello,

I have a problem obtaining the correct font for TextScripts. When I type the following command:

c4^\markup \italic "legato"

it shows up all right in Frescobaldi but the svg file does not produce the correct font. Indeed, the source-code of the svg file only states "serif" as font. When I specify an explicit font in the voice context like this:

\context {
    \Voice
    \override TextScript.font-name = #"Times New Roman"
}

the text is no longer in italic, even though I left the markup line unchanged. The svg file states:
font-family="Times New"
so it seems the "Roman" is stripped away and the font is not recognized. There is also no tag that the font-style should be italic.
The font is installed on my computer and it actually shows up correctly in the auto-completion pop-up so that can't be the problem. It might be a bug, but it's more likely just me doing something wrong. I'm using version 2.20.0. Any help is appreciated.

Aberforth D