Re: Snippet "Clef change and repeat barline"

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Snippet "Clef change and repeat barline"
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 10:38:54 +0200

Am Fr., 26. Juni 2020 um 12:06 Uhr schrieb Pierre Perol-Schneider
<pierre.schneider.paris@gmail.com>:

> Hi Harm,
> Thank you for your suggestion. Definitly better.
> Ultimately, I've created a new snippet:
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=1116
> If you're ok with it, I'll delete snippet #1110
> Cheers,
> Pierre

Hi Pierre,

in general, much better.

Some Remarks:
(a) Your override
\once\override Staff.TimeSignature.space-alist =
        #'((first-note . (fixed-space . 0)))
will replace the default space-alist with your setting, i.e. the other
default settings (see IR) are thrown away, causing:
programming error: No spacing entry from TimeSignature to `right-edge'
You rather want to update a single entry of said space-alist. Thus
\once\override Staff.TimeSignature.space-alist.first-note = #'(fixed-space . 0)
is preferable.
(b) Is there any reason for
\once\hideNotes
?
Deleting it seems to make no difference
(c) I'd not use two different overrides in the snippet to adjust
spacing. Thus I'd replace
\once\override Staff.Clef.X-offset = #.5
by
\once\override Staff.BarLine.space-alist.clef = #'(extra-space . 0.5)
(d) I'd replace the namings "Default output:"/"Traditional output:"
by
"Current default LilyPond"/"Following E.Gould"
I always have difficulties with "traditional", because different
people may not agree with what's traditional at all.
And I'd say it's closer to the snippets description.

Thanks,
  Harm