Re: Harmonics in tablature

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Harmonics in tablature
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 10:54:15 +0200

[FORGOT TO REPLY TO THE LIST]

Hi Lukas,

That is a rather typical problem you get with harmonic in relative mode.
Basically in relative mode the octave of the pitch is saved relative to the
previous note. So this means that one would have to transpose the first note in
base pitch+octave, while you would have to transpose the other notes only in
basepitch. But please be away that you should not use relative mode for these
thing anyway, since you will also get the same problem with the next entered
note: The next note would be relative to the previous harmonic pitch, not the
entered pitch, which will make scores very confusing to read.

But as I said earlier, the best way to handle this would be at engraver level.

Valentin

Am Dienstag, 30. Juni 2020, 11:32:09 CEST schrieben Sie: