Re: After directory rename, Frescobaldi doesn't show PDF

From: David F.
Subject: Re: After directory rename, Frescobaldi doesn't show PDF
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 15:47:54 -0600

On Jul 3, 2020, at 3:18 PM, David F. <davidf@gmx.us> wrote:

> macOS 10.14.6
> Frescobaldi 3.1.2
>
> I was working on a song in Frescobaldi.  After renaming the directory that
> the song is in Frescobaldi no longer shows the PDF for the song after
> engraving.
>
> Does Frescobaldi keep track of what PDF file belongs to what input file?  Can
> that information be flushed?
>
> I’ve tried to reproduce the problem intentionally, but haven’t had any luck.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> (Also, I’m posting this to the Lilypond list because none of my message go
> through on the Frescobaldi list.)
>
> David

Ok, I’ve narrowed the issue down.  Frescobaldi is having problems with file
paths that have question marks and accented characters.

Given a file named “song.ly” with just this content:

%%%%
\version "2.19"

\fixed c' { c d e f }
%%%%

Frescobaldi shows the PDF after engraving if this file is in either of the
following directories:

Helló/
Hello?/

But Frescobaldi does not show the PDF if song.ly is in a directory named Helló?/

And yes, I use the fully punctuated song titles as the enclosing directory
name.  macOS handles it, no problem.  I even use bash scripts to process these
files without a hiccup.  The following are all examples of directory names I
use:

¡Gloria! ¡Gloria!/
Bendiciones, ¡Cuántas Tienes Ya!/
Señor, ¿Quién Entrará?/

This problem is not present in Frescobaldi 2.20.

David