Fwd: Long dynamic spanners

From: Aberforth D - Instrumentals
Subject: Fwd: Long dynamic spanners
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 11:03:30 +0200

Hello,

Further to my yesterday's question I have figured out how to remove the repeated words, so that's 1 of 2 problems solved. I would still be very happy if somebody could show me how to get the dashes lined up correctly between words because I have to do that now manually in InkScape. Below is the amended script of my latest attempt.

Thanks,
Aberforth D

\version "2.20.0"
\language "english"

spanText =
  \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = \etc

RH = \repeat unfold 19 { \relative c' { g8[ c e g c g e c] | } }

LH = \transpose c c, { \clef F \RH }

dyn = {
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = ##f
  s1\pp
  \spanText "cresc."
  s4.\startTextSpan s8 s2
  s1