Re: Selective partCombine

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Selective partCombine
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 09:24:34 +0100

On Sat, 2020-07-25 at 10:37 +0200, rhn290@vu.nl wrote:
> Did you see my (first attempt at a) tutorial on this topic?

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-06/msg00114.html

This is truly magnificent.  Reading this tutorial, I learnt a lot about
things Lilypond can do which I wasn't really aware of.  Most
importantly, it appears to solve just about every problem I can imagine
regarding arranging parts on variable numbers of staves.  It even
automates things so that a required change in the number/distribution
of staves happens automatically at line breaks.

I now have the orchestral piece I wanted to set well under way in
Lilypond, and so far the methods you propose are doing everything I
want.

A bonus is that my file structure is far more consistent and well
organized than ever before.

Thank you so much.

David