Re: No pdf marks with bookparts?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: No pdf marks with bookparts?
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 10:22:02 +0200

Am Sa., 1. Aug. 2020 um 23:06 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org>:

> Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > the following code generates outlined nested pdf-marks, see attached.
> >
> > \version "2.21.4"
> >
> > \book {
> >   \markuplist \table-of-contents
> >   \tocItem x #"foo"
> >   \tocItem x.y #"foo-1"
> >   { R1 }
> > }
> >
> > Though, if I switch from \book to \bookpart pdf-marks are gone (while
> > the table-of-content is still unaffected).
>
> Wouldn't that warrant putting the \bookpart inside of a \book?  That's
> sort of it's point, isn't it?
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Sure. My code-example was intended to be as short as possible.
Nevertheless, if you add something like

  (write (ly:output-def-lookup paper 'label-alist-table))

to `output-framework' in framework-ps.scm and compile this example you
get (manually refomated):

((toc104
  (name . x)
  (text . "foo")
  (toc-markup . tocItemMarkup)
  (parents)
  (children y)
  (level . 0))
 (toc105
  (name . y)
  (text . "foo-1")
  (toc-markup . tocItemMarkup)
  (parents x)
  (children)
  (level . 1)))

Which is ok.

Though, doing the same with

\book {
  \bookpart {
    \markuplist \table-of-contents
  }
  \bookpart {
    \tocItem x #"foo"
    \tocItem x.y #"foo-1"
    { R1 }

Returns an empty list for 'label-alist-table

Thanks,
  Harm