Re: Fingering: showing strings by dots?

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Fingering: showing strings by dots?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 10:46:44 +0200

Thank you for the examples.

Le dim. 23 août 2020 à 07:59, Alasdair McAndrew <amca01@gmail.com> a écrit :

There are other issues with this music, which can bristle with expressive marks: bowing and fingering information, various shorthands for different sorts of ornaments, over and above the placement of the notes.  But I'll write another post about that.  For the fingering maybe I could possibly also use the markup command to place some characters atop each other, a digit and a row of closely spaced dots.  You'll see that although I mentioned in my original post that the dots are in an arc, that's not necessarily the case, and I could probably get away with a straight line.

See: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/other.fr.html#index-_005cpattern-1
E.g.:

\markup \pattern #4 #X #.2 \musicglyph #"dots.dot"

Cheers,
Pierre