Re: Incorrect cropping when integrating score with lyluatex

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Incorrect cropping when integrating score with lyluatex
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 04:39:12 -0700

On 2020-08-30 2:12 am, Claire Meyer wrote:
Those dynamics are all custom dynamic marks that I constructed like :

mydyn = \tweak DynamicText.self-alignment-X #LEFT
#(make-dynamic-script
(markup
#:with-dimensions '(0 . 5) '(0 . 0) #:line
(#:normal-text #:italic "<whatever my dynamic mark says>")))

Be careful using \withDimensions, especially when specifying extents
that do not accurately represent the content.  In this case, you are
telling LilyPond that the text has no vertical extent.

And by "\withDimensions" I of course meant "\with-dimensions" (or "#:with-dimensions" as you are using the Scheme syntax).

I would imagine the issue(s) stem from this.  I suggest allowing
LilyPond to manage extents on its own, which would give it the
information needed to properly crop.

-- Aaron Hill