Re: Shorthand for "once override"?

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Shorthand for "once override"?
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 08:41:19 +0200

Hi Alasdair,

what about

mx = \markup { \translate #'(1.5 . -1.5) \teeny \sans x }
 \score {
f4^\mx
}

Regards,
Martín.

Am Mi., 2. Sept. 2020 um 08:00 Uhr schrieb Alasdair McAndrew <amca01@gmail.com>:
In my attempt to typeset some early 18th century French music for viola da gamba, I'm trying to keep to the original notation as closely as possible.  Thus I'm using a breath mark to indicate a trill, and a sans-serif x for a mordent.  So for example, I have

mx = \markup {\teeny \sans x}

But to put this symbol next to its note (where it belongs), I have to write something like

 \once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(1.5 . -1.5) f4.^\mx

to ensure it goes in the right place.  Is there any way of simplifying this?  Ideally, it'd be nice to be able to write something like

f4.^{\mx 1.5 -1.5}

and leave all the once override stuff out of the score itself.  Or is there another way of placing a symbol where I want it?

Thanks,
Alasdair

www.martinrinconbotero.com