figures above staff in explicit FiguredBass

From: Leszek Wroński
Subject: figures above staff in explicit FiguredBass
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 11:25:10 +0200

Dear Experts,

I would like to have the figures in my figured bass to be engraved above the staff. This piece of documentation: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/contexts-and-engravers says the following:

"When writing a figured bass, you can place the figures above or below the bass notes, by defining the BassFigureAlignmentPositioning.direction property (exclusively in a Staff context)."

My problem is that I am not in a Staff context. Based on a previous suggestion by Carl Sorensen about horizontal alignment of figures (thank you very much again!) I am now using an explicitly instantiated FiguredBass:

{
  \clef bass << { c2 }
                \new FiguredBass  { \figuremode  <7>2 <6-> }}

}

What should I do to position the figures above the staff? Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Leszek Wroński.