Coping with digests, was Re: adding chordmode chord modifiers

From: David Wright
Subject: Coping with digests, was Re: adding chordmode chord modifiers
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 14:28:44 -0500

On Tue 08 Sep 2020 at 17:07:08 (+0100), antlists wrote:
> On 08/09/2020 03:21, Randy Josleyn wrote:
> >
> > (By the way, I switched to a daily digest for lilypond-user emails
> > and I'm not sure about how replies work from them. I've made
> > mistakes with how replies to a list work before, so I apologize if
> > I've done it again.)
>
> I don't know how it works, but I know one email client I used had the
> ability to receive a digest and break it up into individual emails.

They all should. AFAICT even Outlook should be able to recursively
open MIME attachments that are themselves emails, and reply to them in
the usual manner. (I can't speak for mobiles and suchlike.)

What's important, however, is that you subscribe to the MIME digest,
and not the Plain one because with the latter:
. you miss the attachments,
. you have to edit out all the surrounding emails when you reply, and
. you have to coerce the client into getting the threading fixed.