Re: lilyglyphs issue?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: lilyglyphs issue?
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 10:35:53 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 09.09.2020, 00:55 -0500 schrieb Fernando Gil:
I'm sorry if this question does not belong here:

I'm sorry if this question does not belong here.

It's OK to post this here, although https://github.com/uliska/lilyglyphs/issues would be the canonical place.

I'm trying to use lilyglyphs with TeX but no matter if it's a large code or a small one like this one below, it prints a square as you can see in the attachment.

I've tried changing the text font but with no luck.

This is a known issue and has been fixed in
but not included in a release yet.

Unfortunately there's a bigger issue with using outdated Python 2 code, due to which lilyglyphs has been removed from TeX Live on several Linux distributions.

If I find the time to fix that (or if anybody would volunteer with that - should be pretty easy), I'll certainly release an update including your issue with the square.

Urs

%%

\documentclass[10pt]{article}

\usepackage{fontspec}

\usepackage{lilyglyphs}

\usepackage{babel}

\begin{document}

Hello \natural{} this is another \flatflat{} text.

\end{document}

%%

After hours, I discovered another issue: When using lilyglyphs with babel package with a language option like this: \usepackage[spanish]{babel} the document does not compile, because of an interaction between these two packages that I don't understand.

I'm on mac (TeXLive 2020)

Hoping Urs or any other have a potential solution,

Cheers,

Fernando