Re: tempo spanners

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: tempo spanners
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 20:32:36 +0200

FWIW in the meanwhile I managed to improve the appearance of my metronome markings by centering them, and by not hiding but omitting the tempo markings for the MIDI:

\relative c'' {
\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "rit."
\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details right text) = \markup { \general-align #Y #DOWN \center-align \smaller \note #"4" #1 \upright "= 56"}
\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = ##f
\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details right-broken text) = ##f

s1\startTextSpan
s1
\once \omit Score.MetronomeMark
\tempo 4 = 56
s1\stopTextSpan
}

The extra dash that results from not being able to use the to-barline property is, with a centered metronome marking, something I can live with for the moment :-).