Re: Fingerings within voiced chord throw an error (Lilypond 2.20.0)

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Fingerings within voiced chord throw an error (Lilypond 2.20.0)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 13:56:44 +1000

It's got even worse.  Now I can barely do anything.  This bar:

f,-1 f'-3 f, f' g,-2 f' |

now causes that error - also without the fingerings.  I don't know what to do.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 11:48 AM Alasdair McAndrew <amca01@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks David.

What a pain.  I've tried a few other things: to formally instantiate new voices with "voiceOne" and "voiceTwo", to include a "\relative" call - but it makes no difference.  Currently I seem to have run out of the ability in this current score of changing the fingering styles when having more than one voice.  The issue seems to be with the chord notation of fingering.  For example, standard fingering outside the staff works:

<<{g-2}\\c,>>

but the moment I try to change the position of the fingering, and enter

<<{<g-2>}\\c,>>

I get the error.  The same thing happens if I want a voice which includes a chord:

<<{<d' bf f>4}\\{<d bf>4}>>

This means that basically I can't include a chord in a new voice.  Is there a way of getting a more detailed log so that I could try to see what might be causing this error in my score?

Thanks again,
Alasdair

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 12:32 AM David Wright <lilylis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
On Fri 11 Sep 2020 at 23:46:03 (+1000), Alasdair McAndrew wrote:
> I have a chord of two notes.  And I'd like to split it into two voices so
> that the top note's stem points up, and the bottom note's stem points down,
> and with a fingering, like this:
>
> <<{\set fingeringOrientations = #'(left) <g-2>4}\\{c,4}>>
>
> However, in Frescobaldi this throws the error "return code -1073741819".  I
> can voice it without a fingering, or within a single voice, so that either
> of these work:
> […]

It's a bug in LP, I believe. If you have more editing to carry out on
the score, just plough on regardless and the error will probably
disappear. (Sorry to sound like 45. :) )

Convert -1073741819 to hex, and it translate into Access Violation,
ie reading/writing to an out-of-bounds address. Not easy to debug.

Cheers,
David.

--
https://numbersandshapes.net