Re: A slur enclosed by parentheses or brackets

From: Luca Rossetto Casel
Subject: Re: A slur enclosed by parentheses or brackets
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 16:58:34 +0200

Il 12/09/20 16:38, Kieren MacMillan ha scritto:

I’m not so sure whether rotating the parentheses would improve the legibility
or not, however. [...] What I had in mind was Vivaldi’s urtext edition
published by Ricordi, in which the editorial slurs are enclosed by parentheses
but the parentheses are not rotated.
I think having both options would be optimal.
My vote for the default would be unrotated parentheses.

I'd like to express a huge *thanks!* to all you you for the marvellous work! As Kieren, I'd also find very useful being able to choose between rotated and unrotated parentheses (which I personally prefer too) and, if I can suggest, also between square brackets and semibrackets.

Thanks to all the list for the priceless, continuous assistance and inspiration,

    Luca