Re: Breathing mark and caesura

From: Paul McKay
Subject: Re: Breathing mark and caesura
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 21:58:57 +0100

Aha! That will probably also explain why its staff is that of the following note. When the voice I'm writing changes staff I'd like to tell the breathe mark to stay in the bass staff which is the staff of the preceding note but haven't figured out how to make it happen.
Paul McKay

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020, 20:53 Kieren MacMillan, <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Hi David,

>> 1. I haven't investigated, but \breathe must (e.g.) be attached to a
>> <> or something, so that it has "its own moment".
>
> No?
>
> \breathe is not a post-event.  It's a standalone event of zero duration,
> so its moment of time is that of whatever follows, not what precedes it.

Thanks for the clarification!
All I meant to point out was that last part: \breathe's moment is not the one Andrew was attaching the \override to.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info