Re: Forzando in Lilypond 2.20

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Forzando in Lilypond 2.20
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 20:07:54 +0200

Hello Mike,

This works :

\version "2.20.0"

rf = #(make-dynamic-script "rf")

{ a \rf }

JM

Le 1 oct. 2020 à 19:43, Mike Dean <deanmi2@aquinas.edu> a écrit :

Having stumbled across entering in \fz directly, I didn't explore any further using #(make-dynamic-script).
But since you mentioned, looking at examples in the Notation manual, I understood that it should go before  the relative command.
Precisely, I had this sequence:
\score {
 fz = #(make-dynamic-script "fz")
\relative c''{
\tempo "Allegretto"
\time 3/4
\partial 4

and that is what generated the error
Mike Dean

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 10:32 AM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
Mike Dean <deanmi2@aquinas.edu> writes:

> Two questions in typesetting a piece by Haydn:
> 1. Does Fz needs to be defined (unlike sfz)?
> 2. where should
> fz = #(make-dynamic-script "fz")
> be placed in order not to generate an error?
>
> C:/Users/Mike
> Dean/AppData/Local/Temp/frescobaldi-lis_ksvl/tmpgdr3w9ef/J-Haydn-Minuet in
> C-correct.ly:14:1 <0>: error: not a note name: fz
>

> fz = #(make-dynamic-script "fz")

Well, apparently line 14 in your file is not a good place.  Since you
don't show any other line, it's hard to say anything just why it is not
a good place.

--
David Kastrup