[OLL} Discourse forum

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: [OLL} Discourse forum
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 00:47:26 +1100

To provide a focus and a sub-community for LilyPond users and those
interested in openLilyLib, I have established a Discourse forum here:

https://discourse.openlilylib.space

All are welcome to join. It's a forum and a parallel mailing list for
support, help, development talk, and all matters about openLilyLib.

This runs on my personally managed Linux VPS systems, and Discourse is
fully open source, in accordance with my policy of using open source
wherever possible.

When setting up new services such as this that utilise email for
functions, one inevitably hits the demons of the spam blacklisting
houses, which can aggressively block email. I have a lot of experience
with this and I try my best to avoid this, by using the Amazon Simple
Email Service, which provides the requisite degree of credibility to
the spam houses. I mention this because initial emails can still end
up in your spam folder, as some mailers alsoe need to be trained. If
expected mail does not appear, check Junk. Contact me if there are
persistent issues.

I am critically aware that this is independent of this mailing list
and somewhat splittist, but I feel OLL is important enough to have its
own ecosystem, and I am not sure that people on the LilyPond user list
necessarily want to read ling threads on details of Scheme parsers and
package code development and git topics.

The forum is not publicly accessible, and you need to sign up to use
it. Memberships will be approved by the Moderator (I guess that's me).
This is to prevent the flood of malicious spam that attacks fora in
our modern world.

Andrew