Re: stem length in a three voice setting

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: stem length in a three voice setting
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 22:27:58 +0200

Hey,

@Aaron: thank you that's what I'm looking for, thanks!
The version that is posted is not the one that is used, for some reason, frescobaldi always enters an older lilypond version than the one that is installed and used, I have no clue why. The one that is running is actually 2.20.0. But that's a different issue all together.

Again, thanks! Now finding a way to memorise it for later usage too! :-)

Bart

On 2020-10-18 12:37 pm, bart deruyter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to typeset a score of Sor, a piece with three voices and
> have trouble finding a way to shorten the stem length of the middle
> voice to make it fit to be between the outer voices. No matter how low
> I set the number of Stem.length, it does not shorten.
> Here is a simplified version of my code:
>
> \version "2.19.40"
> classicalGuitarA = \relative c' {
>   \tuplet 3/2 {fis16 g fis} eis8 fis
> }
> classicalGuitarB = \relative c' {
>   \override Stem.direction = #-1
>   \override Stem.length = #8
>   d8 cis d
> }
> classicalGuitarC = \relative c {
> d4.
> }
> \score {
>     \new Staff \with {
>     } { \time 3/8 \clef "treble_8" << \classicalGuitarA \\
>                             \classicalGuitarC \\
>                             \classicalGuitarB
>                          >> }
> }

%%%%
\version "2.20.0"

classicalGuitarA = \relative c' {
   \tuplet 3/2 {fis16 g fis} eis8 fis
}
classicalGuitarB = \relative c' {
   \override Beam.positions = #'(-1.25 . -1.25)
   \once \shiftOff
   d8 cis d
}
classicalGuitarC = \relative c {
   d4.
}

{
   \key d \major
   \time 3/8
   \clef "treble_8"
   \voices 1,4,2 <<
     \classicalGuitarA \\
     \classicalGuitarB \\
     \classicalGuitarC

}
%%%%

That's the closest I can get it to match.

NOTE: I am using a newer version of LilyPond that supports the \voices
command.

-- Aaron Hill