Re: Scheme expressions on lilypond command line (-e)

From: Dave Seidel
Subject: Re: Scheme expressions on lilypond command line (-e)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 18:01:32 -0400

Thanks Jean! I need to read more carefully!

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 5:45 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le 19/10/2020 à 23:14, Dave Seidel a écrit :
Hi all,

I am trying to define a variable on the command line that I can use within the .ly file. I've tried both

-e "(define-public part 1)"

and

-e "(define part 1)"

In the .ly file, I have a Scheme _expression_

#(if (= part 0)
  (define partName "")
  (define partName (string-append "S" part))
)

In either case, I get the error

GUILE signaled an error for the _expression_ beginning here
#
 (if (= part 0)
Unbound variable: part

I guess I'm either defining the variable incorrectly, or dereferencing it incorrectly within the script. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi,

Have a look at

lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage#basic-command-line-options-for-lilypond.html

You need

#(use-modules (guile-user))

at the top of your LilyPond source.

You can ignore the warning that shows up (https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/3613).