Re: ! Please answer interesting functionality question for PhD Diss

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: ! Please answer interesting functionality question for PhD Diss
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:39:31 -0500

On 10/23/2020 12:21 PM, Michael Blankenship wrote:
I just don’t know what LilyPond is capable of, and while I’m willing to put in the work for a solution, I’m on a deadline and don’t have time to learn a whole new workflow only to discover that it doesn’t work.

The first thing I'm reminded of here is Paul Morris' Clairnote project.

<https://clairnote.org/software/>

That's an example of someone teaching LilyPond to produce forms of notation that are very different from the default output.

I do not have the skills needed for helping with your project. But seeing as other people have had LilyPond making Riemannian Tonnetz graphs and such, I'd be shocked if there was no way to make your idea happen.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA