Re: LilyPond learning curve (was: feasibilty question: simple GUI for we

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: LilyPond learning curve (was: feasibilty question: simple GUI for web-based Lilypond instance)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 13:26:48 -0400

Hi Richard,

> Well, I may need educating here, but it seems to be limited to entering
> the LilyPond syntax for notes played on a MIDI keyboard, and limited to
> all sharps or all flats at that.

The way my brain works, I find it a lot easier to just enter the notes in a
huge stream (sometimes dozens and dozens of measures at a time) and then going
back and adding durations where needed (which, in my music, tends to be fewer
places than you’d imagine!).

I don’t know if LilyQuick ever got integrated into Frescobaldi… but if it did,
that sounds like it would do what you’re talking about.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info