Re: Point & Click with Atom

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Point & Click with Atom
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 18:21:53 +0100

Dear Henning,

thank you for your answer. I don't think I understand correctly. I open a terminal and type export LYEDITOR=atom, hit Enter and then write something like lilypond myfile.ly? If it works (I just tried that and it didn't), I add the export line to .bashrc and then follow the steps in the Manual for Gnome 3 (I'm using Ubuntu 18.04)?

Am Sa., 31. Okt. 2020 um 18:03 Uhr schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <lilypondml@fiee.net>:

> Am 31.10.2020 um 17:45 schrieb Martín Rincón Botero <martinrinconbotero@gmail.com>:
>
> I went over the Usage Manual for trying to configure Point & Click so that I can use it with Atom (as much as I like Frescobaldi, its poor performance with large scores makes it unusable after a certain number of lines of code). The usage manual http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/usage/configuring-the-system-for-point-and-click says to "simply" write this line export LYEDITOR=atom, but doesn't say where. After that I suppose I can go to the GNOME 3 steps and follow them, but since those steps don't mention any particular editor, I guess I should first know what to do with said export line.

Try if it works in your shell (e.g. bash) before you call lilypond.

If it works, you should add it to the startup file of your default shell, e.g. .bashrc or .bash_profile

Hraban

--
www.martinrinconbotero.com