Re: first tuplet in nested tuplet displays as parent tuplet

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: first tuplet in nested tuplet displays as parent tuplet
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 12:23:03 -0800

On 2020-11-03 9:47 am, 98123981293 1293812397123 wrote:
Hi list,

Any idea why, when compiling this code, the first nested triplet displays
with the custom bracket of tuplet on the top level? I would like the
bracket of the first nested tuplet to just display as a normal triplet. I was not able to find this addressed in the archive, but please point me to
relevant documentation if this has already been covered.

Thank you,
Kyle

\version "2.21.2"
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
\time 3/4
\set subdivideBeams = ##t
\set strictBeatBeaming = ##t
\override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
                          \once \override TupletNumber.text =
                          #(tuplet-number::append-note-wrapper
(tuplet-number::non-default-tuplet-fraction-text
7 6) (ly:make-duration 3 0))
\times 6/7 {
 \times 2/3 { e8([ f8 e8]}
 \times 2/3 {f8 e8 f8)}
<< f4 {s16 s16 s8} >>
 \times 2/3 {e8[e16~]}

\once \override will affect the entire timestep.  \tweak is your friend:

%%%%
\version "2.21.80"
{
  \time 3/4
  \tweak text
    #(tuplet-number::append-note-wrapper
      tuplet-number::calc-fraction-text
      #{ 8 #})
  \tuplet 7/6 {
    \tuplet 3/2 4 { e8[ f e] f8[ e f] }
    << f4 { s16 s16 s8 } >>
    \tuplet 3/2 { e8 16 }
%%%%

Also shown is using \tuplet as an alternative to \times.

-- Aaron Hill