Re: Wikipedia scores

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Wikipedia scores
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 23:15:39 +0100

Hi Martin

It was discussed on lilypond-devel last month:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-10/msg00086.html

Il giorno dom, nov 29 2020 at 22:06:58 +0000, J Martin Rushton <martinrushton56@btinternet.com> ha scritto:
I don't know if all members of this newsgroup are aware but for many years Wikipedia has supported the <score>...</score> extension to produce scores and midi in displayed pages from Lily source. However since summer this year scores have been disabled for undisclosed security concerns.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Water_of_Tyne for an example of a disabled score.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help_talk:Score and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)#Musical_scores_not_working
for discussions of this problem.

Does anyone here have any input? Is there a known problem within LP that is causing WP problems? Can we help WP at all?

Regards,
Martin

--
J Martin Rushton MBCS