Re: LilyPond 2.21.80 installer on MacOS 10.15 (Hans Åberg)

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.21.80 installer on MacOS 10.15 (Hans Åberg)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 20:04:43 +0100

> On 2 Dec 2020, at 18:33, Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@byu.edu> wrote:
>
> Marnen's application bundle is available on his web site:
>
> https://bintray.com/marnen/lilypond-darwin-64

This is for the stable release.

> Because Marnen's build is MacOS native, rather than GUB, …

The GUB is not used anymore, I believe: Apart from the license issue, there is
a problem with getting a working cross compilation SDK. There used to be a
problem with it using clang, but that should be fixed.

> I assume that his build recipe will build ARM apps as well.  But it will
> likely need to be run on an ARM-based system.

The universal binaries are just separate compiles bundled together:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/building_a_universal_macos_binary