|Subject:||Re: Controlling bar to note spacing on final measure|
|Date:||Sat, 5 Dec 2020 08:45:42 -0800|
> Would there be a programmatic way to control the spacing of the final bar to the final note?
If I understand correctly, all of the BarLine spacing-alist parameters control spacing *after* the barline.
> At the moment, I just use s4 or s4. just to add a tiny bit of space so it doesn't feel as cramped.
Well, as always, there are lots of different ways to clothe this particular cat…
1. spacers (as you’ve done)
2. increase the BarLine.extra-spacing-width [backwards]
3. increase the NoteHead.extra-spacing-width [forwards]
4. apply Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.padding
Each has pros and cons.
Ultimately, I prefer something other than adding a spacer… but YMMV.
Hope that helps!
Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|