Re: drum-staff metronome click + bell ?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: drum-staff metronome click + bell ?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 14:33:34 -0800

On 2020-12-12 12:52 pm, Silas S. Brown wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to add a metronome 'click track' to a MIDI
that is to be played on a Casio CDP-130 which has a limited
range of instruments (it cannot do woodblock for example).

The General MIDI percussion standard maps "metronome click"
and "metronome bell" to key numbers 33 and 34 in channel 10,
but Lilypond's \drums does not seem to have any note commands
to produce these key numbers.  I can do: \drums { trim4 cl cl cl }
to use muted triangle and claves (which are available on the
CDP, as it uses them for button-press sounds), but this doesn't
sound as good as the CDP's built-in metronome sound which
uses key numbers 33 and 34.

%%%%
\version "2.20.0"

% Define new pitch names.
drumPitchNames.metronomeclick = #'metronomeclick
drumPitchNames.metronomebell = #'metronomebell

% Define shorthands for the pitch names.
drumPitchNames.mc = #'metronomeclick
drumPitchNames.mb = #'metronomebell

% Associate a pitch with the name.
midiDrumPitches.metronomeclick = ##{ a,, #}
midiDrumPitches.metronomebell = ##{ ais,, #}

% Regenerate the hash table.
\midi { \context { \Score
  drumPitchTable = #(alist->hash-table midiDrumPitches)
} }

\score {
  \drums { \repeat unfold 8 { mb4 mc mc mc } }
  \midi { \tempo 4 = 90 }
}
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill