Re: LilyPond v2.20.0 on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian buster)

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: Re: LilyPond v2.20.0 on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian buster)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 17:08:10 -0700

Hi Feri and renyhp,

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 2:40 AM <wferi@niif.hu> wrote:
> renyhp <renyhp@disroot.org> writes:
> > If the path of installing debs is totally closed, is it possible to
> > make my own build?
> Ask the Debian package maintainer to provide an official backport.  It
> should be straightforward.

Thank you Feri for the suggestion, i.e. to ask Debian package
maintainers to do an official Debian backport of lilypond 2.20.0 to
buster-backports.  And that was exactly what renyhp did!  It did take
us a while, especially as the three of us (Don, Tobias and I) had been
rather busy, and I had forgotten where to start and had to learn it
all over again.

I am happy to announce that Debian Backports FTP Masters
have accepted lilypond 2.20.0-4~bpo10+1 into buster-backports,
and the ARM builds (arm64, armhf and armel) are all ready:

    https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/lilypond
    https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/lilypond

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=lilypond&suite=buster-backports

Please let us know your experience of using lilypond from buster-backports
on Debian 10 (buster) x86/amd64, Raspberry Pi OS, or any other
architectures or platforms combination.

Cheers,

Anthony