Re: \beamExeceptions problem

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: \beamExeceptions problem
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 22:34:05 +0100

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 18:04, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> wrote:

> My understanding of the \beamExceptions function in 2.20 was that you
> should be able to pass it a complete bar beamed as you would wish and
> expect other bars with the same beat structure to be beamed to match.
> In this example barOne and barTwo have the same rhythm but only barOne
> is beamed as desired.
> What have I got wrong?

Hello Richard,

I learned this \beamExceptions function thanks to you, thank you.
If you replace  \beamExceptions \barOne by
\beamExceptions { 16[ 16] 16[ 32 32] 16[ 16] 16[ 32 32] }
you get the desired output.

Not sure what's going on, but when putting only rhythm in the pattern (like the example in the documentation) it seems to work.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>